Monday, May 2, 2016

Letter # 60 - May 2, 2016

Dear Family and Friends-

Soooo....I am just going to apologize now that my emails are going to get shorter each week. But this week was awesome. Like all the weeks on my mission, things are just getting better.

We saw a lot of miracles this week. I have one of those missionaries stories to share with you this week.....

About two weeks ago, we forgot our umbrellas and coats and it was a downpour of rain and it was 8 pm and we were super tired, wet, and cold. We got on the bus to go back to our house and my companion starts talking to this lady on the left. She tells us that she is looking for true happiness in her life.

Yesterday we actually got to have a lesson with her. We read from Moroni 7 with her,

Moroni 7 
40 And again, my beloved brethren, I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope?

 41 And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.

We then talked about the power of hope with her. I just thought it was so neat-that we found this lady at the last part of the day, when we really didn't want to talk to anyone. 

There is a line in "Praise to the Man" that I really have come to believe, "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." It is so true.

Well, I love you all.

Motra J 

Also, we watched this video at Zone Conference and I thought it was hilarious...maybe I have been a missionary too long, but this song is sooooo true. I loved it. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment