Sunday, April 10, 2016

Letter # 57 - April 4, 2016

Dear Family and Friends-

I am loving Tirana. I didn't think I would like being a big city, but there is so much to do and see and I am just loving it here! We spent the first couple of days trying to walk everywhere, and then on Wednesday we looked like little old grandmas because our feet hurt so bad. We are now slowly attempting to figure out the bus system. It has been eventful to say the least. The best part about being here is we aren't the strangest people on the street! So less people stare at us.

Funny moment of this week, we were teaching a Restoration lesson. We showed the 20 minute Joseph Smith video to her, and it was the end of a long day and as we switched the light off, I couldn't help just falling asleep. I totally passed out for the whole movie, but right when it was ended, I jerked awake, "And yes...I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet!" 

Anyways, this week has been awesome. One cool story, we are teaching a little 10 year old girl named Gabriella and she reads the Book of Mormon more than most older people. But we were teaching her the Plan of Salvation this week, and I was just so amazed at how well she was taking everything and how she just accepted everything we said. It reminded me that we are supposed to become like little kids-like it says in the scriptures. They are the sweetest ever and I have loved being able to teach them.

Missionary work is just awesome, like I say every other week. But there is an element of missionary work that I especially love. We plan every night at 9 pm. We have every hour planned out, we will be somewhere doing something. But then the next day, when we leave the house at 10 am-something totally different happens. We "coincidentally" run into people on the street, we manage to find the right house or be on the right bus, the Spirit prompts us to talk to someone. And this goes on until the end of the day so that when we come home at 9 pm, we can't help but say, "What happened today?"

I was reading this scripture and realized it answered how missionary work goes everyday...

"But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."

That has been my mission in one sentence....being a witness everyday that there is Supreme Creator and he is working things out better than we could ever realize.

I love you all! 

Motra J 







No comments:

Post a Comment