Monday, March 28, 2016

Letter # 56 - March 28, 2016

Dear Family and Friends-

Gezuar Pashket! Happy Easter! I hope that everyone had a great Easter in the States. It was a great Easter here. I have been here in Albania for a year this week! It has crazy how time has flown, and how much I have come to love this little country. 

Here for Easter, we all dyed eggs. We mostly dye them red in remembrance of the blood of Christ and we tap them against each other and whoever has the bigger crack in their egg has good luck for the rest of the year or something like that. 

But on Sunday, after a really crazy and long week we sat down and ate our little 2 dollar Easter meal of ham and potatoes and watched some Bible Videos. 

I was just so incredibly grateful for everything that the Savior had done for me yesterday. It is hard being a missionary sometimes, and for the last couple of weeks I have thought a lot about how hard missionary work is but yesterday I was just so happy to be a missionary. Because it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done! 

This last week, we had this amazing lesson with this woman who loved the "Hallelujah Video". She just starting crying and said, "I don't know how people just can't love Jesus Christ." Amen, sister.

Also, for those of who are wondering about my last transfer I am staying here in Tirane, 2nd and 4th ward with Sister Eliason. I am super excited to be here in the big city! 

I love you all! 

Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment