Monday, March 7, 2016

Letter # 54 - March 7, 2016

Dear Family and Friends-

This week was a great one. We got to see the new Easter video! One of the benefits of being a missionary is getting access to everything earlier. Since we don't get to watch movies, we get to see all the Church videos first. 

The new video is called "Hallelujah!" and it is amazing. It talks about Jesus Christ's resurrection and what it means for our families. We are so excited to show it to everyone.

This last week, we had an amazing lesson with 4 Muslim girls I had met on the street. We taught the Plan of Salvation and showed "Because He Lives" (last year's Easter video). Anyways, at the end I was certain that they would accept an invitation to be baptized. But they said, "No, we can't change our faith because are Muslim." 

The rest of the day I was upset, thinking about those Muslim girls and other problems. I realized later that all those things, their denial of baptism and other things were out of my control but I read this scripture in Nephi

"23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life."

I love it when scriptures just speak to me! I felt like God was telling me to keep going and to worry about those things we can't control.

We also got to meet with President Weidmann this week and he said the same thing, "This is God's work not ours." So it was just a reminder for me to keep doing what God wants me to do-He has a bigger, better plan.

Well, I love you all. Miracles are real. God directs His Church here in Albania and I love being a part of it! 

Love, Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment