Monday, January 18, 2016

Letter # 47 - January 18, 2016

Dear Family and Friends-

I am sorry, I am getting worse at writing emails and sending photos. I heard that it happens the farther you get on your mission. I will try better but there are no promises. 

This last week was a great week. We saw a ton of little miracles in the work. I remember before being a missionary hearing about those great miracles where someone gets baptized and or someone reads the Book of Mormon in one day, etc. But I've learned to love all the moments along the way, the moments that become that great moment when they finally get baptized.

Someone of the moments from this last week included

-Being in Macedonia and talking to an old man outside the hospital. His wife was in a coma and we ending up giving him our Book of Mormon. He said he would read it while he was waiting for his wife to get better
-Finding a less active and helping her start the Book of Mormon again. She said, "Wow, I feel the happiness I felt I was baptized."  
-Having an unplanned lesson about the Restoration with a new family who had amazing questions about the the restoration of the priesthood authority 
-Tracting into a British family with accents who said we could come back in a month, then we run into her at the grocery store and she mentioned, "My husband felt something when you guys came into our apartment and he thinks it is a sign from God. He is so excited for you to come back."

Just little miracles that make our lives great! I am so happy to be a missionary.

Love you all, Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment