Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Letter # 44 - Baby It's Cold Outside - December 14, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

It is freezing here. I am surprised sometimes when people stop to talk to me on the street, because I am wearing a hat, with my coat with my hood, with my gloves and scarf and at least 4 pairs of tights, wool socks and boots. I imagine I look like Ralphie's brother from "A Christmas Story." But the work keeps going. 

This last week we were in Macedonia for exchanges. We had a little Family Home Evening there and even though I couldn't understand a word they were sharing there was such special spirit there. We watched a video called "What Shall We Give?" I was super touched by it's short and simple message of service around the Christmas season. 

I know sometimes as a missionary I feel like success equals baptisms or lessons you had that week, but the video reminded me of something important- the small things we do are what count, like talking to someone on the street or sharing a scripture with someone in need. Sometimes, I preach so much of Christ I forget to live like Him. He was born to be the light of world, and His invitation to all us is to follow that light and become like Him.

And telling people that He lives is the best thing that has happened to me. I love being a missionary! 


I love you all! 

Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment