Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Letter # 43 - Those Christmas Lights...Keep Shining On...- December 7, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

Could I be any happier that it is Christmas right now? No, I don't think it is possible. This month has already been the best month of my life! 

This last week was quite an exciting one. We got to go to Bondsteel. It is the American military base here in Kosovo. It was like a movie! A ton of soldiers, Black Hawk helicopters, and everyone was speaking English. We got to go to the American store, who knew you could spend so much money on Oreo and marshmallows? My companion and I were so happy to buy some American food. We even got to eat in the cafeteria...it was crappy cafeteria food but we were just happy it was American! Fox News was even on the TV. Definitely an out of body experience.

But we have definitely eaten way too much American food..our diets could be described in the words of my favorite Christmas movie, "We elves have four main food groups...candy corn, candy, candy canes and syrup." 

We got to share a neat Christmas message with the one Mormon soldier on base. It was really neat. We mostly talked about families, because he of course is missing his family around this Christmas season. 

I don't really know what has happened in the last 7 days here in Kosovo, but ever since that video  (A Savior is Born) has come out, something has changed in the air. My companion and I have already seen so many miracles. We have been able to start teaching a new girl named Sally, who is amazing. People are coming back to church, lessons are going better, and we are just so happy. I don't think there is a better time then right now to be a missionary. 

Also, although our little miracle family was quite a disappointment, we have been teaching a new girl named Sally who is the best. Whenever we plan a lesson with her, she says, "Yes I will come tomorrow if I am still alive." Oh I love her. I feel like God gave us her, because he realized it was rough to lose that family. God really is the giver of a tender mercies. 

I love you all!! 

Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment