Sunday, November 29, 2015

Letter # 41 - November 23, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-
Normally, I start off every email, "This past week was good..." But I am not going to lie this last week was pretty darn rough. I won't go through and name all the bad things that happened, but just know it was a wrong turn after wrong turn. Just when you things couldn't get any worse....
Our miracle family that we were teaching decided that the Catholic church is the right church. We have been meeting them with everyday for a month now, so you can imagine what a shock it was. I even asked them if they were pulling a joke. Nope.
It is probably the worst kind of heartbreak when something like that happens. You aren't really sad for yourself, but more sad for the people because you have come to love them so much and you are giving them the one thing that matters the most to you. 

But, to quote Batman "Why do we fall? So we can pick ourselves back up." 

That is the best part of the gospel, that we don't have to be perfect but as long as we keep picking ourselves back up when we fall. That is what really matters. 

So even though this email sounds depressing, and we don't have any investigators now, I want you all to know the church is still true. And we are fighting on the winning team. Nothing can ever stop us even though it looks like it sometimes-we are going to win. 

I love you all.

Motra J 

Also one my favorite (returned) missionaries sent me this photo this morning. It is rather fitting and I really liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment