Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Letter #39 - November 2, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

I hope that you all had a great Halloween this past week. 

This last week was a great one! We had an amazing lesson about the Word of Wisdom with our little family. The dad who usually is smoking and drinking coffee was just staring at us and then at the end of the lesson he stood up and threw his cigars across the room and hasn't been smoking or drinking! It was so awesome to see. Seeing people change for the gospel is one of my favorite things of being a missionary. 

I was reading this morning about changing and changing our hearts. I realize that for people just joining the church, they really have to change so much, but after baptism we still have to change gradually so that we become like Heavenly Father. I've seen that the happiness comes into their lives when they start to change. 

I loved what President Uchtdorf said, "Exaltation is our goal discipleship is our journey." There is nothing more awesome then helping people find that road to exaltation and teaching them about the gospel! I love you all! 

Love, Motra J 

The Elders with the street dogs that follow us when we street contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment