Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Letter #36 - October 12, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

Hello from rainy Kosovo! It is has been raining for the last 3 days straight. I am finally getting use of rainboots! 

This past week, I have been thinking a lot about light. I guess maybe because I haven't seen a lot of it for the past three days. (And yes, my beautiful tan is finally fading away.) I was really impressed by President Monson's invitation to become lights for the world. 

This week we have had a lot of Restoration lessons and then we can never meet with the people again. They decide that they don't want to meet with us any more, or just never answer the phone again. 

At first, I was thinking that it was just a waste of time to teach these single lessons about Joseph Smith to have the people drop us later, but I heard a example about light in my first transfer that really changed my opinion about that.

They compared the gospel to a light bulb and they drew people who were super close, members of the church, the prophet, everyone who has accepted the gospel. Then they drew people who were on the outskirts who couldn't really see the light. Then we talked about how whenever someone comes in contact with us, they get a little closer to the light which represents Jesus Christ. 

So I have realized, that every street contact, every smile, every lesson that seems like it did nothing-really it helps that person just come a little closer unto Christ. No effort really is every wasted. 

True, not everyone I talk to gets baptized but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve to hear about the gospel. If I talk to everyone, God can figure out the technical stuff. He is the Master Planner and I know that His plan for his individual children is a whole lot better than mine. 

"To each of you, I say that you are a son or daughter of our Heavenly Father. You have come from His presence to live on this earth for a season, to reflect the Savior’s love and teachings, and to bravely let your light shine for all to see. When that season on earth has ended, if you have done your part, yours will be the glorious blessing of returning to live with Him forever." 

- President Monson

I love you all! 

Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment