Monday, September 28, 2015

Letter # 34 - TRANSFERS! - September 28, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

DRUMROLL.......I AM GOING TO GJAKOVA KOSOVO. Yes. My transfer call is to another country. President called us on Saturday night and I was shaking when I hung up the phone....from excitement! I am going to be a Sister Training Leader with my new companion, Sister Kelly, and that means we get to go to Macedonia for exchanges! I am so pumped.

On the other hand though, I will be learning Albanian all over again. Those of you who pray for me to have the gift of tongues...please don't stop. I feel like I just barely got the hang of Albanian here, but in Kosovo they speak Gheg, which is a really hilly-billy version of Albanian. Apparently the women sound like men, and the men sound like the Huns from Mulan. I am super excited though to learn Gheg.

But yes, it is going to be freezing and snowy and so different from serving here in Albania. But I have felt an overwhelming sense of peace that I am supposed to be there in Kosovo. 

Saying goodbye to everyone in Elbasan has broken my heart a little bit. I thought saying goodbye to my family was hard-but I know that after a year and half I will see them again. Saying goodbye here is so uncertain-sometimes I feel like I won't see these people until we meet again in heaven.

Another Elder is leaving from his mission to go home, so we sang "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" yesterday in Sacrament. I was afraid my eyes would be so teary I wouldn't be able to play the piano because I've really come to feel a small portion of that love that God has for his children here in the vineyard.

A lot of people who have heard that I am going to Gjakova have expressed apologies because I am going to a harder area of the mission. I have thought a lot about that. I thought before my mission, going on a mission was like paying tithing for your life. 2 years=tithing for living 20 years. Just to repay the Lord back. But, now I realized I could never really do that. No matter how hard I worked.

Instead I realized, it is like the song, "I Will Go Where You Want Me to Go"-there is a line in the song that says, "Where I may labor for life's short day for Jesus the Crucified." I love that-that I can just waste and wear out my life, for these 18 months for Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter that people slam the door in our face, that people make fun of us on the streets, that somedays no one wants to listen to us. It is just a small thing I can do for Christ because He lives and I love Him. 

Well, I love you all and thank you for all your prayers. I really feel the support on both sides of the veil here in the mission field. 

Love, Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment