Monday, August 31, 2015

Letter # 30 - And the Days Go By - August 31, 2015

To my favorite people-

Helloooo is it really already September? One year ago I opened my mission call.....that just blows my mind. I remember thinking that I would have to learn Albanian-well let me just tell you it is possible! Oh, man how I love Albania! 

This week has been full of miracles. We met a couple of people who are just so ready for the gospel and our recent convert, Jueda, has finished the Book of Mormon. She read it in one whole month! She said, "I think I like the book too much." I told her that it wasn't possible. 

A neat experience this last week, we have been searching for a lot of less actives. We were able to find an old woman who hasn't been visited by the missionaries for the last two years. She could barely walk to her front door to invite us in, but we have been visiting her. 

This last week she told us that she feels like she needs to come to church. I was thinking, "Really? You can barely walk." But I told her that we would pick her up at 9 am. When we came by, she was all showered and in a nice dress and ready to go. With a single crutch we walked the mile to church. It took us 45 whole minutes.

I remember thinking at the beginning that we would never get there. That this lady would quit halfway through and we would never make it because we were walking soooooooooooooooo slow. But she hobbled all the way to church. 

She was able to take the sacrament for the first time in 2 years. And although she was in obvious pain the whole Sacrament meeting, she sat there in the very front row listening to all the talks.

I was so impressed and reminded of the sacrifices people make for the gospel. For Jesus Christ. 

I've met some of the most amazing people here. They are the literal pioneers for the gospel here in Albania and it is just so amazing! 

Well, I don't have much else. Except that I love my mission and being a missionary.

I love you all, 

Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment