Monday, August 10, 2015

Letter # 27 - August 10, 2015


Dear Family and Friends! 

My mind is blanking this week what to email about. I will just share a quick little miracle that we have seen this week with our recent convert Bajame. She was the girl who was baptized this last week.

Whenever someone gets baptized, they get a nice copy of the Book of Mormon with D&C and Pearl of Great Price. We printed off her baptism photos and gave her the book. The next time we saw her, she had already read to 2 Nephi and had started reading in the Doctrine and Covenants. She brings her copy to every lesson and brought it to church.

She lives at a center for children because of family problems, she is in essence a "social orphan."  She doesn't have a lot in her life, but she told me, 

"Sister Jackson, this book is one of the few things I actually own in my life and I know it is true with all my heart. Whenever I read it, I cry because God answers all my prayers. It is amazing."

I just add my short little testimony to Bajame's. This past week, I've been reflecting how lucky I am-how much the Lord has blessed me. It makes me wish I could run faster, speak better, and do more to proclaim the gospel to people because I am one of the few who has that amazing message. 

I've decided I will be a missionary the rest of my life. There is no time to waste or no person who doesn't need to hear this message. Who doesn't need to know why we are here. That through Jesus Christ, we can all make it back to live with him.

I love you all!! 

Motra J 

This lady is really funny.  She gave me these giant earrings that I am wearing in the picture.

From our hike today - a mosque in a crazy color.


Pretty sure this is a bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment