Monday, July 27, 2015

Letter # 25 - Celebrating Pioneer Day, Albanian Style! July 27, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

Weeks here in Albania are always good. This week we had a random referral for a little village out from Elbasan. We took our random bus of strangers out to this little, tiny, place in the middle of no where. The lady was pretty happy we were there and made us the best stuffed peppers and rice! 

We were asking what her husband does for work, and she said he drives a horse carriage. I told her I thought that was really cool, and she said, "Do you want a ride back into town?" So.....we got to ride in a sketchy Albania horse buggy back into town! It was awesome. (Pictures to follow) I thought it was a fitting thing to do in honor of Pioneer Day this week.

As far as miracles we have seen this week-we always see them. God is in every aspect of this work and this morning I read this quote:

"No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

Missionary work is going forth and I love being a part of it. I think my favorite thing has been seeing people reading the Book of Mormon and seeing it change them! We always ask at the beginning of the lessons, what have you read? And I love seeing people open up their books and start talking about Nephi. 

We found two new amazing girls this week, who both are so good at reading the Book of Mormon and as I finished the Book of Mormon this week, I have really been thinking about what the Book of Mormon means to me.

One of the girls said, "You really read the book over and over again for the rest of your life?" YES! 

I also listened to "Safety for the Soul" this week by Elder Holland. And it just confirmed all my feelings of the power that lies in the Book of Mormon. How simple it is to read each day and to know the Savior. 

"I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies."

I love being a missionary! I love these people of Albania who have changed my life. I love sharing the Book of Mormon with people because it something that I can't imagine my life without. It is true! (And all you have to do is read it)

Like Joseph Smith said, this work is just rolling forth until the Lord comes again. I am just trying to keep up. 

 I love you all! 


Motra J
They sell grilled corn on the street.

One of my favorite Albania meals!

Riding in the horse buggy!

Riding in the horse buggy selfie!

You know how there is a Mormon church on every block in Utah? There is a Mosque on every block here in Albania!
The flea market...basically the DI. I actually bought a two dollar skirt here.

My Albania best friend..Paula! I love this girl!

Little park here in Elbasan.

Our whole mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment