Monday, June 15, 2015

Letter # 19 - June 15, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

Life in Albania....this week has been so hot. Whenever we go outside we feel like we are melting like the Wicked Witch of the West, so we have started readjusting our schedules so that we are out later because everyone has nap time in the hot part of the day. Needless to say, we make up for the heat by eating a lot of ice cream.

This week, I wanted to mention a little about the gift of tongues. I remember starting at the MTC and thinking that the gift of tongues was being able to speak fluently someday. It would be like a bolt of lightening and I would be speaking Albanian. Well, after a lot of struggling and prayers, I've realized that it doesn't work like that. The Lord works through small and simple means, and is able to make people like me speak a foreign language that is way beyond my own means to grasp.

This week, we had an exchange and it was Motra Beezus and I back here in Elbasan. I was little nervous because I was supposed to be in charge because it was my area and we had a lot of lessons planned for the day. I don't think I've ever prayed so hard for the gift of tongues before and it came, IT CAME. 

We have one investigator I can never understand, and her house was the last one we were supposed to visit that night. She started talking and I can't explain really what happened but I understood everything she said. Then when we talked, I could tell we were saying something but she was hearing something completely different. She even said, "Your words have made me feel the truth, that Jesus Christ lives". It was incredible. We went back the next day and I couldn't really understand her again, but in that one lesson I can testify to everyone learning a language that the gift of tongues is real. That the gifts of the Spirit make up for everything we can't do.

I love you all! 

Love, Motra J

One of my fav places.

Life at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment