Saturday, June 13, 2015

Letter # 18 - Bugs and Baptisms - June 8, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-


I always say this week was my favorite, but seriously, this week was it. Ledina, Sara, and Violeta were baptized! I think I have kind of indirectly told their story over the last couple of emails but I will do a recap because it is a miracle.

We meet them 3 weeks ago when they came to the English course and we showed the Easter video, Because He Lives, and they just started bawling because their dad had died about a year ago and the video was all about how you can live with your family after this life. And the rest is history. 

We have been over every day since then and I would consider them my second family. I am sometimes overwhelmed at all the love I have for this family! They are so amazing. They also have two boys. One of them is 11 and he is deaf so we aren't really able to teach him and another lives in the orphanage in the city because Violeta can't afford to keep him in the house. It is kind of a sad situation.

But they were baptized on Saturday and it was one of the sweetest experiences of my life. Violeta always wears black because when someone's husband dies here,  you wear black the rest of your life. So when she came out wearing all white, the Spirit was incredible!

So it was a really good week, and as for the title of this email....this week I am pretty sure I ate a bug or spider or two. We went to this family's house and they brought out this pan of manna and it was just covered with spiders, and beetles, and earwigs, and all other fun bugs.Just crawling everywhere. But bugs are protein right? Yum. 

Thank you for all your love and support! 

Love, Motra J 
A beautiful sunset

Durres!

My Favorite Family.  They are very happy, Albanians just don't smile in pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment