Monday, June 1, 2015

Letter # 17 - Miracles, Miracles, Miracles - June 1, 2015

Dear Family and Friends-

Miracles, miracles, miracles are always here in Elbasan! This week we had another baptism! Her name is Marjeta and she was a member referral from this lady in the ward. It was all going great, but on Thursday we went over and she said, "Sisters, I just got a new job and I am the only one in my family that works, and I don't think I can get time off to get baptized." 

We were a little shocked, but Satan always tries to get people right before baptism. I see it all the time. So we invited her to ask that she would be able to get time off to get baptized. Then we went home and prayed and prayed and prayed. I have never prayed so much! Then we fasted. And the next day, she called and said "Sisters, I didn't just get an hour off, she gave me 2 whole days!" It was a miracle!!!

So, she got baptized on Saturday! It was so great. Most Albanians here are a little afraid of water, so when she went under she kind of started to freak out. When she came out of the water, she screamed pretty loud, almost like she almost drowned. It was pretty funny and I was trying hard not to laugh.

But it was an awesome awesome week. Prayers and fasting works! I am so humbled that we all we do is ask, and God provides so much for us!

Also, on the weird food update for this week, I ate manna. Yes, like manna from heaven. They look like little white grapes, all bunched together. And we went to this member's house and this little boy climbs up a tree and jumps up and down on this branch and shakes them from the tree while his parents stood underneath with a giant sheet to catch them. So it was literally like manna falling from heaven hahha.

Life is amazing here. The Gospel is true. It changes people's lives. I love being a missionary!

Love you all, 
Motra J 

No comments:

Post a Comment