Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Letter # 16 - Happiness - May 25, 2015

Dear Family and Friends
 
This last week was one of the best weeks of my life. We have seen so many incredible miracles here in Elbasan. Joana got baptized this last week. I am sorry I have not really written about her a lot because we have so many people, I forget sometimes to write about all of them. We have only been teaching Joana for 3 weeks, she is 13 years old and we met her on the way to our other lesson. 
 
It was amazing. When we went to go pick her up for the baptism, she was literally glowing. I have never seen anything like it. The Spirit changes people. She got up and bore a really simple testimony at the end and said "I just have Jesus in my heart all time." She is sooo cute and I love her to death. It is pretty amazing how close I get be with these people without really speaking the language. 
 
I heard this song this week, called "The Hardest Thing Ive Ever Loved To Do" by the Nashville Tribute Band. I recommend that everyone should listen to it, because it somewhat describes how I feel out here on my mission. I used to think that happiness was reaching a certain stage in my life where I just had everything, but I can tell you now that happiness is missionary work. It is teaching the people here in Albania. It is seeing people like Joana getting baptized. 
 
I had this whole realization this week when we were sitting in a lesson with our investigators, the ones I talked about last week. Their names are Ledina, Sara, Violeta. They lost their dad about a year ago and live in a little tiny house in the outskirts of Elbasan. They also have two brothers, but the mom cant afford to pay for them so they live in an orphanage. We were sitting there this week, teaching them about something and I just was overwhelmed at the love I have for them. I didn t think I could love these people that much but I do. And they remind me why I am here on a mission,doing what I am doing. 
 
I would say to anyone who is thinking of serving a mission that they should go. The miracles I have seen already and love I have felt, are things I would not trade for the world. Happiness is sharing the Gospel and living it. I am so grateful for the chance I have to be a missionary here right now because it is amazing. 
 
I love you all
 
Motra J

No comments:

Post a Comment