Monday, March 30, 2015

Letter # 8 - March 26, 2015





Dear Family and Friends -
Well, it is official. I have survived it all. I get to leave the MTC on Tuesday at 3:35 am and fly out to Albania! I am actually leaving and going to the place where I have finally been called! I am a mixture of every emotion but mostly excitement to be finally serving the Albanian people! (And the fact that I finally get to eat real food). 

Anyways, this last week has been a really good one. I have really reflected on everything I have learned here. At first, I was a little discouraged that I don't know the language that well but I have realized that I cannot deny I have been blessed with the gift of tongues here. I think sometimes I don't count the blessings I do have and instead count the all the things I am missing. But I have come to see how many blessings I have been blessed with here at the MTC! It is really quite amazing. 

And we always sing Count Your Many Blessings in Albanian! The Albanian hymn book doesn't have that many songs, so we always sing that one but I have really come to love it! 

We had a really good devotional this week, where the speaker said something I needed to hear: Be not afraid, only believe! So I am believing with all my might this week that when I get over to Albania things will be okay. I know that it will be hard but where would my faith be if everything was easy?

So here I am, anxiously awaiting that plane ride that will take me half-way across the world (that was for you Britt) where I start really, quite officially as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that what I am doing is the greatest work I will ever do. I cannot wait to tell the wandering souls of Albania that God has a personal plan for each of them and that He loves each of them! I love sharing that message of peace.

Well, I love you all and thank you all for your love and support since I have been here at the MTC! Te dua. 

Love, Motra Jackson 



All of us in our Albanian Shirts!


My name tag in Albanian!

No comments:

Post a Comment